07/02/09
When it comes to marketing, I’m really not the type to stand on a street corner and wave a sign. I prefer a more subtle approach…such as postcards. I found a really great website called VistaPrint.com and I make all of my business things through it. They have the prettiest business cards and postcards and brochures, and they’re really affordable too. Here’s where I’m going with this though, after I’d ordered a ton of business postcards offering discounts and services and all of my information, I realized I didn’t really have anyone to send them too. I got online and looked up programs where you can buy local addresses in bulk, but I’m a little too poor for that. So I thought of a much cheaper (free), much creepier way to get addresses… I call it “drive around the neighborhoods surrounding my little shop and make a super cute ‘I must be lost…’ face as I inconspicuously scribble down addresses in the notebook I keep hidden in my lap”. It’s not my favorite thing in the world to do, but it gets the job done. I really try to make it look like I’m lost, and luckily I don’t have a mustache or anything to make me look too creepy, so I think I pull it off pretty well. But I do feel kind of odd sometimes.
Tuesday, July 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
ReplyDelete